Here are some simple ways to catch tire problems before they become costly or dangerous.
Take a walk around your car in good light and look at each tire. Check for uneven wear, which can be caused by:
- Too much or too little air pressure
- Problems with alignment or balancing
- Problems with steering or suspension
If you notice uneven wear, you may need to have your tires rotated.
Next, check for any of the problems below. These could mean you need new tires — soon. These problems have the potential to cause a blowout, causing a loss of control that can be very dangerous.
- Cracking or bulging treads or sidewalls that may mean there is wear or weakness
- Anything that's poking into the tire (nails, screws, glass)
- Tread pulling away from the body of the tire
- Worn treads? Stick a Lincoln penny in the tread, top first. If the tread doesn't touch Lincoln's head, your tires are worn.
If you find any of these problems, check out our new and used tires, call us at 817-478-5710 or come see us to assist in selecting the right used or new tire option for you. We'll check and do a visual tire check, for free.